Sunday, March 21, 2010

Full of surprises and apparently some questions...

This weekend I thought I had a lot figured out in terms of completing some much needed thesis work and research. However, to my shock/dismay I was thrown off completely and without divulging in any details (not yet at least) I will say simply this...I am screwed!!!! I had a lot of work underway and now it may all take a different turn, I just hope it's for the best.

On a lighter and better note, the weekend was great and full of busy activities with my daughter. First a surprise sleepover, followed by dance that afternoon, followed by a much needed glass or two of wine while celebrating a good friends birthday! Which brings me to my inquiry on "maturity"...now I call it that because I don't believe "getting older" is a nice term but maybe someone will leave some feedback on this topic?

So my point is, I am not the same rock star party goer I once was because by the time it was midnight, I was beat! I just wanted to be in bed and although hanging with good friends and dancing was so much fun, I really paid for it the next morning! (later in the day I felt better by exercising and drinking lots and lots of h2o)

So what I'm really getting at is, is it the "getting mature" thing kicking in or is it the difference of lifestyle? When we're in our teens and early 20's we're running around yes, but is it because it's not the same type of running around? If you minus kids, groceries, cleaning, running errands (ones in which you may have to hang around for hours like the DMV) what are you really doing? I remember doing a lot then, in my teens and 20's as well, but it was all about ME! not that that's bad, it was great! I just live differently now, but my real questions is about age...is it that much of a factor in how well you feel and how well you play? age v. lifestyle, anyone care to elaborate?

5 comments:

  1. I choose to go with the difference of lifestyle! The endless responsibilities of being a working mother take a significant toll. I wouldn't trade my life for anyone else's in the world but it certainly explains why I'm exhausted come 11:00pm! Every once in a while we can still "party like a rock star"! Just can't make it a common practice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're good if you're ok till 11:00 pm...I am normally out by 9:30 but then I get the sudden urge to clean up around my house and prep what needs to be done for the morning and by the time I know it, I am up past midnight!

    No wonder I am tired!!! And on that note, I wouldn't change or trade what I have either I love being a mommy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you girls for making to 11pm or even getting a 2nd wind to clean up late. I'll be exhausted, look at the mess and say, "Tomorrow is another day." Yes the priorities are definetly different now than they were for me in my 20's and even early 30's since we chose to not start a family until our mid 30's. You guys definetly have more responsibility at a younger age than I did as we were still having fun and travelling then. Boy I miss those days. Now here I am at 41y and starting over with not 1 but 2 newborns, but we all make our choices. I wouldn't trade my place with anyone either, but it is trying at times. Sometimes having twins is not a whole lot different than 1, and other times it is crazy and I ask myself, "What was I thinking???" LOL The other night I was crying and had steam coming out of my ears at the same time. Laughing about it now, but totally frustrated then lol However, in the scope of life, it's all good. The most important thing is that we all have our health, not to sound corny, but it's the truth, b/c without that you have nothing, and would only wish to have to worry about the craziness of everyday life. Even though we are all so busy taking care of the kids, spouses, house, etc, we MUST remember to take care of OURSELVES so we can do all those other things; whether it's time alone, time with your spouse, time with the girls, etc. I can tell you that while I've been home on maternity leave, doing Zumba has saved my sanity. I learned a bunch of routines and now am teaching it at the clubhouse in the development where I live and it's MY TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Aylin,

    I love your blog! I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Aylin,
    I think it's age, not lifestyle. I'm in better shape than I have ever been, work hard and play hard but have had to ease off the partying regardless of how well I take care of myself 99 percent of the time otherwise. Besides the very occasional rock star binge...i'm so lame!

    ReplyDelete